Summer has arrived and so has the humidity! From the office to cocktails on the rooftop at The Graham Hotel, these beauty tips will be sure to keep you looking fresh all day and night.
- Consolidate products in your morning regimen. Try using a tinted moisturizer with SPF. This will give light coverage and hydration plus protection from the sun. Even taking a quick coffee break outside can be enough exposure in the hot summer sun to cause damage. Protect yourself with at least SPF 15.
- Try a mineral foundation. These feel weightless on the skin and are naturally oil-free. Apply with a brush for buildable coverage and an amazingly natural finish for any type of skin.
- Switch your shampoo and conditioner. With all the extra moisture in the air, most hair types will benefit from a lighter shampoo and conditioner for the summer. For fine, straight, or oily hair types, try a voluminizing shampoo which won’t weigh hair down in the humidity. Only apply a lightweight conditioner to the ends of hair. For thicker, course, or curly hair look for anti-humidity hair products that will prevent the frizz.
- Resist the urge to pack on powder. No one likes to look shiny, but before powdering that nose try an oil-blotting sheet. These little wonders absorb all the oil from your face without disturbing your make-up and keep your powder compact from oily build-up. Finish with a light dusting of powder if needed.
- Hydrate from within. Drink lots of water and stay away from too much caffeine, sugary sodas, and fruit drinks. The high sugar content in most beverages can often make you feel bloated and even thirstier in the heat. Add lemon or lime or try a cucumber slice for a refreshing twist.
Photo credit: Model Fernanda Quilici looking summer chic.
Photo by Felipe Baenniner